Re: Halloween Party
Saturday, November 15, 2008
So the Halloween dinner party went pretty well, though most people weren't able to stay very long past the actual dinner. Some stayed around for the movie, and a pretty good time was had by all.
Recipes that were a hit: definitely the pumpkin shaped cheese ball, which we'll have to put the recipe up for. Also the smores brownies were enjoyed. We deep fried some chicken tenders (pre-cooked) and then tossed some in buffalo sauce and the others in bbq sauce.
The pumpkin tomato basil soup from a couple of posts ago went over pretty well. I fudged a lot of it; I didn't use fresh pumpkin, but instead chose canned pumpkin. It went well, but despite the much larger ratio of pumpkin to tomato, it still had a distinctly tomato taste. Also, there was much too much of it. Even having some leftovers for the next day or two, I still threw most of it out. Must scale back the recipe.
0 comments: to “ Re: Halloween Party ”
Post a Comment