sweet and spicy pumpkin seeds  

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Okay, last one from recipezaar. This one is supposed to be like candy pumpkin seeds. I thought I would add it since I plan on carving another pumpkin tonight and I'll have excess seeds.

SERVES 4

INGREDIENTS

1 cup pumpkin seeds (from 1 medium pumpkin)
5 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 ground ginger
1 pinch cayenne pepper, to taste
1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil

DIRECTIONS

1 Preheat oven to 250°F.

2 Remove and wash seeds from pumpkin.

3 Spread seed on cookie sheet bake for 1 hour stirring occasionally, about one hour.

4 Combine in bowl 3 tablespoons sugar, salt, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, cayenne.

5 Heat peanut oil in large skillet over high heat.

6 Add pumpkin seeds and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.

7 Cook until sugar melts and seeds caramelize (about 45 seconds).

8 Transfer to bowl with spices and coat well.

9 Let cool.

10 Store for up to 1 week in airtight container.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


 
Design by Blogger Buster | Distributed by Blogging Tips